There are innumerable puzzles that go around a student’s mind especially when it’s about picking the befitting career option. The career we pursue after graduation will lay the first foundational stone to a sharpened professional future. Subject to our stream, field of study, enthusiasm, competence, and proficiency there are varied career options for you. Therefore, the numero-uno step is to discover where our grip lies, and what job would keep us at peace, and making you happy.
Hence, we have put together a list of top-most PG entrance exams to get through PG Courses and aim for your desired jobs.
- National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET): The National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET), which was at one time popular by the name All India Pre-Medical Test, is taken by thousands of candidates all over India. This competitive and NAT Board-regulated test is for getting admissions through MBBS and BDS programs in Indian medical and dental colleges. One of the most reputed PG entrance exams for all aspiring doctors is conducted in the month of May and is valid for all government or private medical colleges in India.
- JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam: This PG entrance exam is managed by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry to seek admission in master of surgery courses and doctor of medicine. The PG entrance exam is conducted online bi-annually and the online applicants are invited during October and April of every year. The test for this entrance exam is conducted at several centres all across India.
- Common Admission Test (CAT): For all the students looking to make it big in the management world, the CAT PG entrance exam is the right path for you. It is known to be India’s most esteemed national level entrance exam, which gives aspirants a medium to get admission into top-most management institutes. With the value it carries, this is the weighty and significant MBA entrance test in India. The exam pattern includes MCQs and Non-MCQ questions divided into various sections such as verbal ability, logical reasoning, and quantitative aptitude. Usually every year a different brand of the IIM (Indian Institute of Management) conducts this Common PG entrance exam.
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT): This PG entrance exam is conducted to seek admission to all management programs accepted by AICTE. CMAT is also conducted by AICTE in foreign countries for NRIs and international students exploring admission to India’s educational institutions. Few of India’s notable business schools accept CMAT scores. The question exam carries questions about the Quantitative approach & Data Analysis, Rational Reasoning, Language Awareness, General Knowledge, and Entrepreneurship and is operated using a computer-based test (CBT).
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT): GMAT is an illustrious computer-based PG entrance exam handled by Graduate Management Admission Council to seek admission to more than1000 foreign universities. GMAC, the official exam regulating body, controls the GMAT Exam Pattern and includes both subjective and objective questions in the exam pattern. The exam contains 90 questions divided into four main categories: Analytical Writing Assessment, Rational Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Verbal Reasoning. This PG entrance exam is quite highly looked up to by the students of all the streams.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE): If you are a student who is planning to do a masters in an international university then this PG exam is essential to take. This test takes place in over 600-700 centres ranging from over 140-150 countries and is managed by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). It is applicable for graduates looking out to get admission to business schools positioned internationally, especially in the USA. The best part about this entrance exam is that they are conducted at various times in one year and also students can avail the facility of taking this exam in the comfort of their home by choosing the ‘GRE AT HOME’ option. The score of this test is valid for 5 years and the pattern of the exam is divided into 3 sections such as verbal, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE): One of the toughest PG entrance exams on our list is GATE which is jointly collectively conducted by the Indian Institute of Science(IISC) and seven IITs. This exam is held nationwide for students who are looking to secure admission in post-graduate and doctorate courses. If a student passes this exam, you are qualified to apply for PSU jobs at a later stage.
- UPSC Exam: If you have always dreamt of a respected and high commanding government job, then you should definitely crack this PG entrance exam.UPSC as a governing body conducts various high-rank exams which usually lead to bureaucratic jobs. Under this umbrella, the aspirants have to go through the Civil Services Exam, Indian Economic Services Exam, Combined Medical Services, and many more important government exams.
- SSC UGL Exam: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) organizes the SSC UGL exam to recruit candidates into various organisations and departments under the Government of India. This national level exam is conducted to hire for Group B or Group A ‘gazetted’ and is divided between non-ministerial and ministerial categories. Some SSC posts are Inspector of Income-tax, Assistant Audit Officer, Tax Assistant, Statistical officer, and other division-level positions.
- CLAT PG Exams: The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a nation-wide conducted entrance test for National Law Universities. For all law graduates, this test should be taken to get through this reputed university. The candidates must be prepared for contemporary issues and topics for the law to get through this test. The students need to be prepared quite well for this paper because there is a negative marking on every wrong answer that they give.