There are a variety of employment opportunities for foreign nationals working in the US. The United States is famous for its broad job market and some of the most popular jobs could be found in the service, education, research and development and health sectors including the TIMES sector i.e telecommunication, information technology, multimedia, entertainment and security. The job market in the USA is ever growing and changing. Some of the best paid jobs in the US are in the medical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology and engineering field and are closely followed by Computer and Information Systems Managers, Lawyers, Airline Pilots, Occupational therapy assistants, Physical therapist assistants and Sales Managers. Although the statutory minimum wage in the USA is 7.25 USD per hour, earnings in the USA vary greatly depending on the job profile and the state you reside in.

A job application in the USA requires a resume or a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter. The resume should be chronological and personal details such as religion, age, race, marital status and signature should never be included in a job application for the USA. The resume should include professional experience, educational background, soft skills and career goals. A complete dossier of educational certificates, diplomas, job recommendations and references will be requested by the company you are applying to. The cover letter should explain why you are right for the job and how you could add value to the company despite not being from the country. When hired for a job by an employer in the United States, you will need to prove your eligibility to work in the country. The I-9 form is a document that employees need to complete to verify their eligibility to work in the U.S.

Foreign nationals need a work visa and a work permit which is officially known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) in order to work in the United States. There are several types of work visas available for foreign nationals to work in the United States including Permanent Immigrant Workers i.e. U.S. Green Card Holder, Exchange Visitor Visa, Temporary Work Visas and Temporary Worker Visas for Skilled Workers. The H-1B visa is granted to immigrants who have a higher education degree or its equivalent and are employed in a specialised field at any US organisations such as biotechnology, architecture, engineering, chemistry, computing, statistics, medicine and health and physical science.